Visit campus departments at open houses and cheer on the Miner football team to victory as part of Missouri S&T’s 2021 “MinerFest” reunion celebration, held October 8-9.
Many activities are planned for the Homecoming weekend, and many are open to the public. Ticket and registration information is available at mineralumni.com/homecoming. For more details, contact the Association of Former Miners at 573-341-4145 or 800-JOMINER (800-566-4637).
All in-person events will follow the security guidelines set by the CDC and S&T COVID-19 Working Group for the scheduled time frame. Schedule and fees are subject to change. For current S&T guidelines, visit coronavirus.mst.edu.
Homecoming 2021 will include:
Friday October 8
– Registration for the reunion, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Hasselmann Alumni House.
– Miner Legends lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., Hasselmann Alumni House. Help honor some of S&T’s most distinguished alumni by receiving awards from the Miner Alumni Association. Tickets are compulsory.
– Stueck Lecture, 1:30 p.m., Leach Theater at Castleman Hall. Dr. Don Wuebbles, Emeritus Professor of Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Illinois who shared a 2007 Nobel Prize, will discuss extreme weather events linked to climate change.
– Sixth Annual James O. Stoffer Lecture in Chemistry, 2:00 p.m. in the Monsanto Lecture Hall – Room G3 Schrenk Hall. Dr Jay Switzer, Chancellor’s Professor and Curators’ Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Chemistry at Missouri S&T, will discuss the electroplating of transparent and flexible electronics.
– Department open doors, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., various academic departments. Check out the full calendar of events at mineralumni.com/homecoming.
– Jack Carney Puck and Plaza Dedication, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Puck, a campus landmark across from Toomey Hall.
– Gathering of silver and gold, 5 pm-8pm, Hasselmann Alumni House. The reception begins at 5 p.m. and hearty appetizers will be served at 6 p.m. Tickets are required.
Saturday October 9
– Registration for the reunion, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Alumni tent in the parking lot of the Gale Bullman Building.
– Miner Alumni Association tailgate party, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., alumni tent in the parking lot of the Gale Bullman Building. Tickets are compulsory.
– Missouri S&T Athletic Hall of Fame Room open to visitors, 11:30 am-12:30pm, Room G-25, Gale Bullman Building.
– Home football game, 1 p.m. Allgood-Bailey Stadium. Cheer on the miners as they take on Truman State University. Tickets are compulsory.
– Miner Alumni Social, 6-8 p.m., Public House Brewing Co., 600 N. Rolla St.
About the Missouri University of Science and Technology
The Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) is a STEM-focused research university of more than 7,100 students and is part of the University of Missouri’s four-campus system. Located in Rolla, Missouri, S&T offers 101 different degree programs in 40 fields of study and is ranked by CollegeFactual as the best public university to study engineering. For more information on Missouri S&T, visit www.mst.edu.