More and more live events are starting to fill This Is Reno’s calendar of events, including theater, live music and art vernissages. Here are five events to check out this week, plus a bonus.
Please check with event and venue organizers prior to attending to ensure details and information are up to date.
- Nathaniel Benjamin: Opening of the GTCNew large-scale works on paper by local artist Nathaniel Benjamin are being installed in the Holland Project Window Gallery from July 13. Link for more information.
- Bike clinic at the Generator. Fix your bike with Shay from the Reno Bike Project. Bring your bike in all conditions and Shay will do his best to help! All Generator clinics are free. Suggested donation of $ 5. Link for information.
- Sparks 3rd Thursday at Art Walk Unveiling. This regular event is billed as great food, cold drinks, shows, crafts, chef demonstrations, big screen movies, and all the art you can handle. In July, the city will also unveil its new Art Walk. Link for information.
- Basque festival of Reno. Basque culture is an integral part of the history and tradition of Reno. Celebrate Basque heritage with traditional food, music, dancing and activities. Link for information.
- Midtown Mixtape at the Reno Little Theater. Midtown Mixtape is an evening-long dance performance that features the work of many talented choreographers in a variety of dance genres, including hip-hop, R&B, ballet, contemporary, modern, and heels. . Link for information.
Bonus event (because This Is Reno loves dogs):
21st Annual art paws. Art Paws is Artown’s only “Bring Your Dog” day and it paints a pet-friendly picture of downtown Reno by celebrating responsible animal ownership and K9 culture, with a day for the dogs. Link for information.
This Is Reno has been your source for independent and award-winning Reno online news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.