Men’s athletics | February 10, 2022
PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania – The La Salle men’s and women’s track and field teams are splitting the weekend at two different events to wrap up the indoor season in preparation for the Atlantic 10 Indoor Championships.
A divided team will return to Staten Island this weekend for the Fastrack National Invitational, which will be held at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex on Friday, February 11 starting at 1:30 p.m. The other half of the group will travel to Boston for the two-day Boston University Valentine Classic on Friday, February 11 and Saturday, February 12. The classic will be available to stream on FloTrack.
LAST OUTING (WOMEN):
- El and Liz Mancini the two ran the 3K with times of 9:20.40 and 9:21.88, respectively. The duo each broke an old-school mark set by La Salle Athletes Hall member Rachel Papin.
- Christine Mancini ran the 800m and placed ninth in the event. His time of 2:09.47 beat Ndidi Obichere’s time (2:10.70) in 2002.
- Nevaeh Davis ran a 7.96 60m sprint and earned fourth place. Davis teammate, Ahliyah Allenfinished the dash with a time of 8.03 for 10and.
LAST TIME OUT (MEN):
- Ibrahim Kedir (8:07.59), Taonga Mbambo (8:15.64), and James Ptack (8:18.59) all finished in the top 10 of the 3K. Kedir finished third, followed by Mbambo in eighth and Ptack in 10and place.
- Liam Rivard put in a strong performance in the 800 meter race taking sixth place (1:52.13).
- Luc Jaciw-Zurakowsky also earned a top 10 finish for the Explorers in the mile race. Jaciw-Zurakowsky clocked 4:08.83 to finish eighth.